Monday, October 12, 2009

Dreamless


How long has it been, since I last dreamed?
I couldn't remember,

Sunday morning, I sat quietly in the garden that hasn't been trimmed or pampered for two summers, and watched the autumn sunlight lit up the city, where no one was awake.
There was only birds and cats, and me,
Who wonder if it I shall ever dream again.

It bothers me, the fact that I lost the ability to dream (or remembering dreams once reality wakes me).
I took another sip of apple cinnamon juice that was made from powder, and sink myself in its warm scent.
Ah, How I miss the dreams...

where glass-made staircase suspend in the middle of the sky,
where ladybugs where giant friends that fly you across,
where bare feet chases one other playfully around the endless lavender fields,
where that special prince appears constantly, unexpectedly.
and where paper planes carry you through the gently flowing moon river,
where moon smiles and flower sings.

Even the nightmares!
where I was chased by monsters with no face,
where I had to hide from places to places to avoid the giants with smelly fur,
where hills and mountains and trees was shriveled and dark,
and where the creepiest castle stood alone in the center of a graveyard.
even those, I miss deeply.

They were what allowed me to escape into a world of my own,
seeing and exploring,
learning and experimenting,
but protected from reality.

Whether you wake up in horror, or in joy.
You knew, you went somewhere.
and they stay with you in most precious part of the heart.

------------------------------------------------------------

A maple leaf slowly settled on the table beside my cup.
and I realized that the saddest part of life,
was the Childhood that never seem to be long enough.

In less than five month, I would be eighteen.
and I would enter a stage of life, where reality really hits.


I close my eyes, and thought of Peter Pan and Alice.